As you can all imagine, I'm getting calls and emails, so let me clear it up: Yes, San Francisco Newspaper Co. has bought SF Weekly.
Yes, Todd Vogt is the co-owner of the Examiner, Guardian and now Weekly, but for the record, I am the editor and publisher of the Guardian.
No, there are no plans to merge the two weeklies or consolidate them or combine the editorial staffs. We will continue to do our best to be the progressive voice of San Francisco; the Weekly, I assume, will continue to do its own different thing.
And no, this doesn't mean that I'm going to suddenly be BFFs with Joe Eskenazi. We have our view of things; he has his. I fervently believe that we will continue to disagree, and the city will be served by the ongoing debate. (Unless Joe comes to his senses and realizes that I'm always right.)
Most Commented On
- Well, they are called different things. - May 21, 2013
- Nope, I've seen his retirement plan statements. - May 21, 2013
- No Greg, Dan owned you there. - May 21, 2013
- I also eat and shit - May 21, 2013
- Yes, Muni is cheaper if you don't pay your fare. - May 21, 2013
- WTF, BART was designed to bring commuters into downtown SF. - May 21, 2013
- Muni is supposed to be a business, not welfare. - May 21, 2013
- Except that, unlike you, Tim knows he has lost the battle. - May 21, 2013
- Why isn't T-Bond interest taxable? - May 21, 2013
- Whatever, but Apple did nothing illegal. - May 21, 2013